This station was enlarged as demand grew and saw additional passenger and goods sheds erected.
On the original drawings dotted lines referred to a possible future extension of the line to the west. In the late 1920's this was built, but only as a temporary measure, to supply materials to the new alignment from the Hay River and extension to Nornalup.
Once the new station (Denmark No.3) and line were completed the station was closed and buildings removed. The only item that remained until the early 1980's was the concrete base for the freight crane.